To download specific themes and format guidelines for 2017/2018, please CLICK HERE.
Would you like to submit a design for possible publication in our online Painting Ezine? You can take advantage of many benefits by publishing a design in our online magazine including…
- payment for your project
- exposure for your designs to a large number of painters
- share links to your website or social media page in your project
- qualify for additional payments through Pay for Publication programs by various manufacturers
Painting Ezine has budgeted payments for a specific number of projects in each issue – both regular projects and small quick-paint projects. We are filling our lineup several months in advance, so please submit as far in advance as possible to increase your chance of acceptance. If our monthly budget for an issue in the near future is committed, and you don’t want to delay publication of your design until an issue further in the future has an opening, we hope you would consider having us publish your design gratis or in exchange for a free advertisement, knowing you can also apply for payments from PFP program(s). We will accept additional designs in each issue under these conditions.
- Design must be your ORIGINAL.
- Design may not be previously published. Please do not display, show, share, or sell your design prior to submitting it to Painting Ezine.
- Please keep accurate records of commitments for your designs. If we confirm a project with you only to find at a later date, you had also committed it elsewhere, it causes us a lot of extra work to replace the design in our line up, plus we may have turned down other projects while holding the spot for yours. Best practice when submitting to Painting Ezine is to not submit the same design to another publication until we’ve told you we don’t have a place for it.
- We are looking for all types of decorative painting. From beginner to advanced skill-level using acrylics, oils, multi-surface, watercolors, fabric or glass paints. We will also accept painting projects with mixed-media embellishments as long as the project includes a basic pattern for the design.
- ALL SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO:
- Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject – SUBMISSION – Your Name, Title of project
- Include –
- a clear photo(s) of your design in jpg or pdf format
- a description and the approximate size of your project
- By submitting a design to Painting Ezine for publication consideration, you are agreeing to the terms stated above.
- Submissions can be emailed at anytime during the year, but please note issues start filling up quickly, so sending submissions as far in advance as possible will increase the likelihood of it being accepted.
- You must be able to email your project materials to us. Do Not Send PDF files – we do not want an e-Pattern of your project – we need separate file materials for the ezine layout as follows:
- quality jpg photo(s) – step-by-steps are welcome and a good finished project image – no black backgrounds please.
- complete instructions in a Word type doc (NO EMBEDDED IMAGES!)
- full-sized black/white line drawing in jpg format
- your email address linked to your Paypal account
- In very limited cases we will accept snail-mail submissions, but we will require these 2 months in advance of publication because they will take more time to prepare.
- You must meet the deadline that we will provide in the acceptance letter (email). Deadlines are about 45 days prior to the issue publication date.
- Upon publication, you will receive payment from us into your Paypal account.
- You maintain the copyright to your design.
- You must agree to allow us to publish the design in the specified issue and not publish it elsewhere for 30 days after publication date. After that time, we maintain the right to continue selling the Ezine issue; however, you are free to do something else with your design if you so choose.
Pay for Publication Programs
If you use DecoArt products exclusively in your published project, you will qualify for a payment from DecoArt for having your project in an issue of PaintingEzine.com. We fall within the 1000-5000 subscribers tier which is a payment of $50 (1-4 products) or $100 (5+ products).
It is your responsibility to submit your project to DecoArt for payment. We will provide you with a pdf file of your project and a jpg image verifying our subscription numbers to be used as documentation for your DecoArt submission paperwork. Please contact DecoArt for other details on submitting projects to their Pay for Publication Program.
Royal Langnickel Brush Company
We have confirmed with Royal that online publications qualify for their Pay for Publication Program. Please contact Royal for details.
Please contact the other manufacturers whose products you use to determine if you can submit projects published in our ezine to the PFP programs.
ISSUE SCHEDULE / TOPICS
To maintain flexibility in choosing and placing projects, we will publish projects using the following general guidelines:
- January-April – Winter, Spring, General
- May-August – Summer, Ornament Issue, Fall/Halloween, General
- September-December – Fall/Halloween, Christmas/Winter, General